- is getting worse
- is feeding or eating much less than normal
- has had a dry nappy for 12 hours or more or shows other signs of dehydration
- is under 3 months and has a temperature of 38°C
- is older than 3 months and has a temperature of 39°C or higher
- feels hotter than usual when you touch their back or chest, or feels sweaty
- is very tired or irritable
If your GP is closed, contact the 111 service.
If you feel that your child is seriously unwell, trust your own judgement and seek medical assistance.